Discussion and feedback about Discourse

Gfycat gifs are embeding now!

HopefulValidBonobo

Imgur should work as well if it is a gif and has a gifv version.

http://imgur.com/chWt4Yg

Sweet. Iā€™ve applied those adjustments. Thanks!

That includes mobile.

Apple lady is yummy.

Get hype for GoT tonight, boiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

I always have a negative reaction when anyone tells me to get hype.

Oh nice chaps

Pages are loading really slowly right now, at least on mobile. I canā€™t stand it, itā€™s at least 30 sec. Everything else loads normally so it doesnā€™t appear to be my connection.

desktop seems fine

If on Android, there is a know issue with initial load taking that long. Theyā€™ve tried to fix it but it seems to be an core issue with Android browsers and Ember, the JavaScript library Discourse is written with.

How I deal with it is by keeping WYL open always so I can avoid a hard refresh. Iā€™ve saved it to my home screen and that makes it work more like an app.

That sounds like good advice, Iā€™ll try it.

When I reloaded the page, it went away.

Yeah, looks like a change in Discourse affected my override. Havenā€™t had time to fix it yet, but will try to soon.

@archnemesis

Had to upgrade and rebake the post html but looks like youtube videos are back as expected. The upgrade also came with a boost of the version for ember, which makes things ever so snappier especially on android as far as Iā€™ve noticed.

Dude when did WYL add Chrome notifications? I just got a little blip about it and was like, yeah sure.

Never used chrome notifications at all before. Wasnā€™t sure why I can had an icon for it, lol.

That seems like a neat feature. Maybe Firefox should add something similar.

When I like a post now, or when someone likes one of my posts, it no longer displays who liked your post. Is that a new update to Discourse or is it some kinda bug?

They changed the visual, I think it is a bug in my customizations now showing them.

Should be showing now, just need to refresh if you donā€™t see them.

Now it works fine for me. Thanks chapel!

Cool. Thanks~