Discussion and feedback about Discourse

I would quite like the facility to jump to the other side of the forum with one click when I’m reading the thread. As far as I can see I can’t do that currently.

Nicely done overall chapel.

Oh and - I know we use this thing that auto converts Youtube video links to embed in the post.

But it’s small and there’s no option to enlarge. Any way to improve that? I use the YTMA! plug in on GAF and I love that thing, makes the videos big and highest quality as soon as I click on it.

Is there a way to spoiler images and/or text in this forum?

test

! it’s like magic

aw what :confused:

I will get that in asap. There is one that blurs things.

I know what you mean. I will look into options there. It may mean making a new plugin or modifying the current one.

Sweet, and appreciated as always.

You run a tight ship, Chap. Keep up the good work.

What options do we have for emoticons? I noticed the choices are kind of limited right now.

:expressionless: :finnadie: :fishing_pole_and_fish:

Really?

Whoa ho ho! What’s the shortcut for those?

Start with :

:fish: and you will get :fish:

I can see there being a slight confusion when you choose to reply to a post by not using the quote function, and by that I mean highlighting their text, then pressing the quote button above it. Because once your post shows, it’s the latest post at the bottom, but the person you’re replying to’s quote doesn’t appear above your reply. I think it should be setup both ways, regardless of which replying function you choose to use. For example, if you choose to use the reply button in someone’s post, it’ll show up as a reply button in their post and the newest post at the bottom of the thread with their quote, and the same would apply if they just decided to use the highlighting-their-text-to-quote function. If that makes any sense.

This is a forum, not a comment section on a blog. You’re also trying to create a solution to a problem that doesn’t exist.

Certain comment sections use the same feature that Discourse uses (possible it’s the same software, I don’t know), where a drop-down menu can be clicked in a post when there’s a direct reply to it. It’s not a problem, but it would be improved on if both methods of replying worked at the same time, regardless of which method you chose. If what I’m suggesting can’t be done, that’s fine.

That post flew way over your head, didn’t it.

Well whatever.

Some of you may have done this already, but it looks like if you set topics to “Watching” in category view, a number will show up for new posts. I’m not sure if that’s supposed to be the default behavior, but I’ve seen a few topics with new posts without notifications. It makes it harder to know which topics have new unread posts.

If you make the thread you will watch it. If you reply you probably watch it as well.

I believe that’s the case, but I don’t necessarily want to reply to every topic I read.

You can just mark it as watching. You can also do it at a category level if you want to see everything.