Random Talk | Say whatever's on your mind

School life can be harsh.

lmao

good luck b

My life is suffering if I donā€™t begin big assignments at least two weeks in advance.

Iā€™ve completely changed my approach to assignments with increasing age and experience. Now I get things done as soon as possible, so I can spend my time on other things instead. Now is better than later.

Completely agree, however, itā€™s hard to balance school, work, leisure time, and just resting your mind. The hardest part is finding the motivation and energy to power through obligations.

If you canā€™t do an assignment the night before itā€™s due then it isnā€™t worth doing.

Well, how about that. I got a B on my research paper. I didnā€™t think it was a very good paper, to be honest, but it met most of my professorā€™s criteria. Now all that remains to write in that class is a film critique essay, and I am finished with essay writing for good in my post-secondary education. (hopefully)

https://blog.getpebble.com/2016/12/07/fitbit/

Iā€™m joining Fitbit officially this week.

Arenā€™t smartwatches largely sinking in sales?

Edit: Sorry, I didnā€™t mean that in a disrespectful way about you working there, @chapel. Iā€™m curious how smartwatches are doing in the tech industry these days.

Iā€™m glad you found something else immediately.

Iā€™m also looking for new opportunities. Iā€™ve applied to a job listing and Iā€™m talking to recruiters about other positions.

This yearā€™s Christmas tree is enormous. Trimming it down with a small hand saw was hell. I need an axe.

For this yearā€™s family secret santa, I got my dad. Iā€™m going to buy him a Kindle Paperwhite, since he loves to read. Not sure how often heā€™ll make use of it, though. He can return it if he wants.

Carrie Fisher dead at 60.

RIP, princess. :frowning:

general*

Itā€™s been a pretty shitty day, guys. Woke up in the night with noro virus, been spending the majority of my day in the bathroom. Then to add salt in the wound, Carrie Fisher drowned in the moonlight, strangled by her own bra.

Tragic.

Also, my butthole feels like itā€™s been repeatedly sprayed with battery acid, which is not far from reality. So thatā€™s fun.

Is noro virus serious?

Wait, thatā€™s not a joke? Strangled by a bra?!

Itā€™s not life threatening as long as you keep drinking water, but it was the worst day of my life, physically.

Carrie Fisher had a request concerning her eventual obituary

Interesting. That is Carrie Fisherā€™s daughter.

In more positive and personal news, I asked @Chimera to marry me on Christmas and she said yes!

No dates or concrete plans yet, but will likely get married at the courthouse and do a reception later in the year for family and friends back home.

A higher priority in timing is that we need to move. Since starting at Fitbit my commute is anywhere from 3 hours to 5 hours round trip. It isnā€™t terrible, but means I donā€™t have much time in the day beyond work and sleeping. Want to minimize my commute to no more than 2 hours round trip.