Random Talk | Say whatever's on your mind

wtf am i learning the osi model for anyway it’s dead

DEAD

What are you studying again? IT of some sort?

some sort of it yeah

haha, what is an OSI anyways? This graduate couldn’t tell you. All I know is layer 8 is the user :stuck_out_tongue:

What are you majoring in and what do you want to do? How much time you have left?

You’re in Portugal, right? What’s internships like there? In the US, if you graduate without some kind of internship experience, you’re doomed to work in a contract house. shudder

So, the course is a mixture of design and code. It’s basically lots of code (C#, java, and web languages, physics (kill me)), lots of other computer stuff (3d, animation and a little bit of game design for some reason??, software engineering, system analysis, yadda yadda), sort of half that of design (photoshop, design theory (like for web design, app design that stuff) and i think next semester i’m getting into video and audio). All i want is to code stuff. Not sure on what just yet, not especially interested in backend stuff for example but i’ll take it. Really all i want is a job and money. I’m getting old and getting nowhere, now that i have the money and a job that fits with full time college, i’ going at it. Class mobility is important.

And yeah we have internships, the course itself has an internship included. I spoke with a teacher the other day who’s a bit miffed because some companies are already taking away his students and some are in risk of not finishing their bachelor. Like, we don’t have enough students to provide to all the companies asking for employees. I think it’s going to go well.

also i’m like this close to getting my scholarship

give me my money goddamn

I didn’t start professionally until I was 27. Though I am self taught and just focused on one programming language and technology that happened to be growing.

So long as you show proficiency and the ability to learn jobs will come.

Sounds like you’re on the right path, my man. Good luck with that scholarship!

Let us know when you get your internship, my internship turned into my career. EZPZ

I interview tomorrow for a Computer Operator job on my campus.

Wish me luck.

Good luck dude!

Have fun at the interview! Job interviews can be a great learning experience.

Good luck…

I unfortunately did not get accepted for an Associate Project Manager position. I was so close…and then they picked someone else :cry:

That’s a shame. I hope you can find other interesting positions!

I just bought a Windows key on kingwin. I don’t feel good about it. Did I take advantage of some unfortunate soul?

There is no such thing as ethical consumption under capitalism.

I think I did well for my interview today. Hiring for that job is a process that has to happen through their HR department and they had other interviewees, so they told me to check back in a week if I hadn’t heard from them.

Thanks for the good vibes, folks. :slight_smile:

Holy shit, that’s awesome.

But there are degrees of unethical consumption… I just don’t know where in the spectrum buying a license for a fifth of the original price is.

It’s official guys, I have graduated with an 8 on my thesis.

After all this time it is finally over…

Anyone know what it’s like living in Dublin? I may be working there soon.

Is it expensive?