What are y'all playing? ver 2.0

I was immediately disinterested in World of Final Fantasy the moment I saw the ‘chibi’ characters, although I know you can switch between those and the proportionally-sized characters. Also, the stacking of monsters on character heads during battle looks so stupid. :laughing:

It flew under the radar when it came out. The SaGa team developed it.

I actually felt similar before playing the game. For a long time, I wasn’t actually planning on getting it. Then my FF fandom kicked in and pre-ordered it days before release. I got used to the chibi and normal mode switching thing. Having the monsters on your head ended up being cute.

I still haven’t continued with the game btw. Lately I’m into Bravely Second demo. Even though I own the full game :joy:

Why aren’t you playing the full game?

I can’t find my Bravely Default cartridge. It’s not in its case. I don’t know what I did with it. :frowning:

I’m glad that I avoided all the previews for The Last Guardian. I had no idea that Trico can shoot lightning from his tail.

Played this to completion (again) on Android. It’s a really good port - the menus respond to touch and you can wander around in a point and click fashion. There’s also fast forward settings for some parts of the game that haven’t aged well. One of the best games on Android.

Can’t say the same for FF7 on Android - virtual buttons on top of everything. Great story, but miserable to play.

I got the bad ending in the Resident Evil 7 Beginning Hour demo. It is a very atmospheric and creepy game. I didn’t think I would enjoy playing a Resident Evil game in first person perspective, but I was wrong. As I was traversing through the broken-down house, its disgusting remains reminded me of the abandoned building exploration videos on Youtube. I came across ammo, but no weapons to use to fight with. I didn’t find any puzzles either. Just items used to advance further into the house. I’m wondering how I get the good ending. I’ll have to check impressions from others who have played it.

The Last Guardian fluctuates between fantastic and frustrating. Both the protagonist and the camera can be difficult to control. Playing it for 30-60 minutes per day is just enough.

I finished The Last Guardian yesterday and it was a great experience overall, despite technical issues.

Because I still have Bravely Default to play first. I also played the demo of Bravely Default for 10 hours :joy:I think I’m doing this for the rewards you get in the full games and the feeling that you are not creating a backlog with demos while still getting a taste of what the games have to offer. But I’ve decided to play Bravely Default soon, after completing World of FF and FFV at least.

Just finished INSIDE which was amazing and am playing TLG and Everbody’s Gone to the Rapture.

Final Fantasy XV: Episode Duscae demo was an awful time sink, although I guess it was warranted since it was anticipated for close to a decade. :smile:

Tharsis is a great game that reminds me of FTL: Faster than Light and Out There. You have to survive various disastrous events to reach Mars by rolling dice. I made it all the way there unharmed on my first trip, only to realize that I was playing on easy mode. I’ll replay it again using the standard difficulty setting.

Transformers: Devestation was a PS+ freebie in October or November. I would never have paid full price for it, but now that I got to try it for free it is surprisingly good. Combat is fun and more straight forward than in e.g. Bayonetta. Art and cutscenes are terrific and very true to the old series. Since it’s only about 5-6 hours I’ll try to play through it. I realized I could play fifteen short games like this, instead of slogging my way through Dragon Quest 7.

Super Mario 3D World is a very solid game. I’m having fun both playing it myself and teaching the kids how to play a 3D game.

Oh weird. I don’t think there was an easy mode in Tharsis when I played.

They added it recently. It is featured in the news feed on the menu screen.

I guess I can understand why they would add it for people who can’t finish it but still want to. It’s not the way to play that game though.

Finished the new Deus Ex… i mean i like it a lot, i like all Deus Ex games, but the ending left me feeling kinda bad. I don’t know. Will wait some time to replay the game with ng+.

Also started Xenosaga! Haven’t played much (i.e. ~8 hours) but i’m really loving it, the cast is enjoyable and the story is a proper dose of japanese sci fi. So much to love about this game, the characters, the voice acting, the art, the story, the combat, the flow movement, that there is a section of gameplay that’s just you showing the new members of the cast around the ship (which you’re probably already fed up of) and visiting every room and midway through it being asked if that’s enough and having the option to “No, i have to show them the ship properly!”. The kind of game that asks you to be nice with it and i’m glad to be nice to it!

Uh, wait a second [quote=“archnemesis, post:1116, topic:66”]
the kids
[/quote]

the kids??

I’ve had stepchildren for a few years and I’m becoming a (biological) father in a few weeks.

I started playing the remake of Resident Evil. Am I supposed to avoid the zombies or kill them? They really soak up bullets.

To start with, avoid as much as possible (sometimes unavoidable). Look at the space and routes through and try and decide. When you shoot them and they go down use knife as much as possible to save on ammo.

What get’s interesting is in new playthroughs you work out the most efficient routes and which zombies really need killing.